Frequently Asked Questions
Creating and uploading images to QPMN
Q. What is pixel?
A. Pixel is the basic unit of measurement of every digital image and the number of pixels in a digital image is sometimes called the resolution. A high-resolution image will result in a better quality in print than a low-resolution image. The higher the resolution your photo is, the clearer your photo will reproduce on your gift. If the image resolution is too low, your printed item may look blurred.
Q. How do I know the pixel of my image?
- A. Windows users: Right click your file, select “Properties” and look under “Details”
- Mac users: Right click your file and select “Get Info”
- Photoshop, choose “Image” and then “Image Size”
Q. What are the supported file types?
A. There are 5 basic file types you can use for your personalized gifts: .jpg, .bmp, .tif, .png, and .gif.
Q. Can I use Black and White images or Sepia (“old-fashioned”) images?
A. Yes & they can give your personalized gifts a “timeless” feel that will give them a special feeling to you many years from now. Feel free to use even just designs your kids have drawn using Paint or some other computer-graphics program.
Q. What is the preferred image quality or resolution for uploaded images?
A. What looks good on your screen will not necessarily look good printed. The preferred image resolution depends on the size the image will be printed on your personalized item. We will display a message if you select an image we feel may not have a high enough resolution to look good. For best results, please check our Instructions for the item you are creating to make sure that your image meets the recommended size.
Q. How can I submit my images?
A. You can upload your images via the upload feature that is located in the product you are ordering. If you do not have a digital image and need to have an image scanned, then please see below for scanning instructions.
Q. How do I scan my images properly?
- Wipe your scanner to ensure that all the dust and particles are removed.
- Scan original image, and not a copy.
- Glossy photos do scan the best.
- Must be scanned at 300 dpi
Q. Are there images that do not reproduce well?
A. The following is a list of images that generally DO NOT reproduce well:
- Images that appear out-of-focus or blurred
- Images with severe exposure issues (too dark or too light)
- Images that have been previously altered or cropped
- Images that have been improperly scanned
- Images shared/stored on web sites
- Images sent back and forth via email
- Cell-phone images (not suitable at all)
Q. What are the minimum image size requirements for your heart puzzle?
A. Please use image(s) with a minimum of 1350 x 1087 pixels.
Q. What content is acceptable for designs on QPMN?
Acceptable Content Guidelines
A. We aim to give you as much control and ownership over your content as possible and encourage you to express yourself freely through QPMN products. However, you must be responsible for the content used. In particular, none of the contents listed below are allowed at QPMN:
- No images or text of obscenity, pornography or nudity that is not artistic in nature
- No images or text that infringe on any intellectual property rights including, but not limited to copyrights, trademarks and rights of privacy/publicity
- No images or text that encourage or glorify drug use/abuse
- No content that is libelous or defamatory
- No content that can reasonably be viewed as harassing, threatening, or otherwise harmful
- No excessive violence, hate speech and offensive content
- No content that can reasonably be viewed as discriminatory based upon race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability
- No content that violates or encourages anyone else to violate any law
QPMN reserves the right to cancel any orders containing products that violate the rules above at any time.